If you are a high-quality, enthusiastic, and talented person looking for the next challenge in your career, please write to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Chipping Sodbury, Bristol
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: Competitive remuneration, depending on experience and skills
- Company Pension
- Private Health Cover
- On-Site Parking
- Sick Pay
- Paid overtime
- Laptop and Mobile Phone
Connect Consultants Ltd. is a highways and transportation consultancy looking for a Design Engineer to join their growing team.
This role will support with the management and delivery of a wide range of highway schemes, including, but not limited to; town and city regeneration, retail parks, supermarkets, residential schemes and urban extensions, education, healthcare, and employment schemes including offices and distribution centres.
The right candidate should have a proven track record in the design, management and delivery of Section 278 and 38 highway schemes, good communication skills and ability to build good relationships with external suppliers, the consultancy team and the approving authority.
Applicants should have experience in working on a range of schemes from conception to conclusion and this should include on-site experience including monitoring, supervision and proactive engineering decision making.
This role would suit someone interested in progressing to Senior Engineer and the company will support this advancement.
Skills and experience:
- Civil Engineering degree, or similar.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Infrastructure Design role.
- Experience producing Flood Risk Assessments, design of sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) with good knowledge of relevant current standards and guidelines and contemporary environmental solutions to manage land drainage.
- Experience of working with other disciplines and interested parties with regards to the design and detailing of Infrastructure works.
- Experience of working with Contractors and interested parties with regards to supervision of and monitoring construction works.
- Experience of S278 and S38 highway schemes, and the ability to confidently manage the agreement process.
- Strong working knowledge of Section 104 and 106 for drainage.
- Ability to represent the employer on a client-facing basis.
- Able to work independently.
- Proficient in the following design software: AutoCAD, AutoTrack, PDS, PDS Line and PDS Sign.
- Desired experience in Microdrainage (would accept Causeway Flow) and Lighting Reality, but not essential.
- Must have driving licence and own car.
To apply for any of our jobs in transport, please write directly to email@example.com